Faith Lutheran Church
214 S Derby Ave
Derby, KS 67037
Divine Worship Times:
Sunday mornings at 8:15 & 10:45
Sunday School at 9:30
On January 30, 1955, a handful of people who would become the congregation of Faith Lutheran Church, met for the first time. In September, the name was officially adopted and the first worship service was held on October 16th, in a frame house. The charter was issued on March 11, 1956 with 37 communicant members.
Albert C. Schroeder was the first called pastor. The original sanctuary was dedicated March 9, 1958. The present sanctuary was dedicated March 18, 1984.
Faith Lutheran preschool began in September of 1988, fulfilling the charter members' desire to have a parochial school. An education center to house preschool through grade 5 was dedicated January 30, 2005. FLS now offers classes for Preschool through 6th grade.
Our current pastor is Thomas R. Johnson.
Albert C. Schroeder
H. Dennis Hill
Alan E. Holtz
Richard A. Boyer
Thomas R. Johnson
The following (former) members from Faith became LCMS ordained ministers:
Dale Andrew (Andy) Becker
Larry Blue became an ELCA ordained minister.